ResourcesBelts, Pulleys, and Sheaves
MPTA Bulletins on Belts, Pulleys, and Sheaves
MPTA B11i – Belt Drive Misalignment Informational Bulletin (MPTA-B11i-R2018)
This informational bulletin provides the maximum misalignment for belt drives. The recommendation accounts for V-belt and synchronous drives.
MPTA Standards on Belts, Pulleys, and Sheaves
MPTA B2c -Standard Practice Sheave / Pulley Balancing (MPTA-B2c-2017)
MPTA B7i – Calculation of V-Belt Tensions And Shaft Loads (MPTA-B7i-2007 R2013)
MPTA B10i – Split Taper Bushing Standard (MPTA-B10i-2020)
This publication is intended to provide dimensions and tolerances, which permit bushings made by one manufacturer to be used to mount sheaves or other products made by different manufacturer.
MPTA B13i – Rim Speed Limits Standard (MPTA-B13i-2013 R2019)
MPTA C1c – Elastomeric Coupling Glossary of Terms (MPTA C1c-2008 R2014)
This standard is a listing of commonly used terms as compiled by the members of the elastomeric coupling industry. It contains the definitions of these terms as they apply to elastomeric couplings.
ARPM Belt Drive Publications
The following publications are prepared in collaboration with the member companies of the Association for Rubber Products Manufacturers (ARPM). These publications are available for purchase from this page on the ARPM website.
- IP-20 Classical Multiple V-Belts (A,B,C., D, and E Cross Sections)
- IP-21 Double V-Belts (AA, BB, CC, and DD Cross Sections)
- IP-22 Narrow Multiple V-Belts (3V, 5V, and 8V Cross Sections)
- IP-23 Single V-Belts (2L, 3L, 4L, and 5L Cross Sections)
- IP-24 Synchronous Belts (MXL, XL, L, H, XH, and XXH Belt Sections)
- IP-25 Variable Speed V-Belts (12 Cross Sections)
- IP-26 V-Ribbed Belts (H, J, K, L, and M Cross Sections)
- IP-27 Curvilinear Toothed Synchronous Belts (H3M, R3M, S3M, H5M, S5M, H8M, R8M, S8M, H14M, R14M, S14M, H20M, and R20M Belt Pitches)